Thursday 10 October 2013

Thankful Thursday: why?

First of all, thank you for joining me today for my first Thankful Thursday blog post of 2013.  Today I want to tell you why I've set up the blog and why it's a good idea to develop an attitude of gratitude.

Not that I have totally conquered the attitude thing but I hope we can learn how to do it together.

So why the blog?
It started out that I wanted to set up a challenge blog for some art journaling friends that I've met in a group on Facebook.  And then through various books I was reading I knew that I needed to develop a more wholehearted life.  To take a more positive outlook.  To be more thankful.  Which is where the idea of a gratitude journal comes in.

Of course in the UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving like our friends in the States do.  Their celebrations are based on the harvest - which we usually celebrate in September.

Once I started planning the blog posts the whole thing grew into something much larger than my original thoughts.  SO if you're not an art journaler, don't worry.  There will be something for the scrapbooker, the feltmaker, the quilter or for the person who does not consider him/herself to be creative in any way. (Which by the way is NOT true!)

The blog went live in 2012 and is still available if you wish to use those prompts.  I was thinking of doing some totally different this November eg an advent calendar but decided to do a whole new gratitude journal for 2013 instead.


Why keep a Gratitude Journal?
You can Google gratitude journal (as I did) and you will come up with thousands of websites.  However they all seem to be in agreement that living a thankful lifestyle enables you to be more mindful of the moment, more creative, healthier and happier.

Here's a great article about gratitude.

And here's a scrapbook page I did some time ago.


Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you will come back next Thursday to find out more about how this prompt/challenge blog will work.

Bernice

1 comment: