Friday 1 November 2013

Day 1: Permission

Quote
Dream and give yourself permission to envision a you that you choose to be.    Joy Page


Bible Verse
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.    Psalm 95:2


Inspiration
The Permission Slip – art journal page

Creative Affirmations

Sony Advert: I chose this because I thought it showed such freedom.

And how it was made



Journaling
In order to complete this month long project what do you need to give yourself permission to do?  Make a mess?  Spend time on art?

What things are you thankful for that will enable you to take part?


Technique
Use one of the techniques from the Ranger Distress techniques list.   The videos can be found here and a PDF list can be downloaded here.


And finally
Here is today's PDF.   Don't forget to share your work by adding a link to your page, flickr or blog using the linky.


6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous beginning! Thank you for all the work you put into this, Bernice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first entry for our journals...thanks Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernice, this is my first time trying this. I would like to know the purpose of all the writing in the beginning just to cover it all up? Thanks in advance for helping me learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie. If you look at my pages you will see that I don't cover up my journaling. However most people don't like their own handwriting (I don't like mine) and one of the ways with dealing with that is to hide the journaling. Also as a starting exercise it is sometimes useful to write everything on the page and then cover it up especially if you want to write something you don't want other people to read but you know they are going to see your finished page. If you look at my pages for Passport to Art on my blog you will see that I hid most of the journaling in different ways. Hope that helps. If you need any other help please email me.

      Delete
    2. Join the Facebook group and you will get lots of help and support. :D

      Delete